Eligibility for Mohican District Science Day
- All students in grades 5-12 who receive a superior rating at a local science fair are eligible. A limited number of 5th and 6th graders are eligible to attend State.
- Team projects are eligible and are limited to 2-3 students.
- Fields of entry:
Behavioral and Social Sciences
Earth and Space Science
Medicine and Health
- If you need to cancel on Science Day, call 419-207-6780. Failure to do so will disqualify your school from School Awards.
- Request cards for t-shirt forms and consent forms need returned by February 1st, 2013. Be sure to have a legible email address on this card. Email email@example.com if you did not receive a request card.
- Consent forms, t-shirt order forms, and registration fee must be postmarked March 4, 2013.
- Mohican District Science Day is Saturday, March 23rd, 2013.
- Qualifiers for State should electronically submit their registration form and payment by, March 25, 2013.
- State Science Fair is Saturday, May 11th, 2013
The John C. Myers Convocation Center on the campus of Ashland University (see Directions & Parking). To facilitate the unloading and setting up of the exhibits, projects should be unloaded in the upper parking lot. It can be entered from Broad Street (parallel to Claremont) or Jefferson (adjacent to Burger King). Once unloaded, please park in one of the lots indicated on the map. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR UNATTENDED WHILE UNLOADING. If it is unattended and not in a parking spot, it will be ticketed.
Doors will open at 7:30 a.m. Registration and setup of projects is scheduled from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. From 9:00 until judging has been completed, only exhibitors and judges are permitted in the judging area. The awards ceremony will begin at approximately 2:00 p.m. and hopefully end by 3:00 p.m. Students who receive superior ratings and are eligible for the State Fair must be in attendance at the conclusion of the ceremony.
Parents, Siblings, and Teachers
Judging is from approximately 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. During that time, the exhibit area is reserved for students and judges only. Several opportunities are available for you during this time, including visiting the University Bookstore and/or attending university informational programs (financial aid and admission). A program with information pertaining to special activities for parents and siblings will be available.
Food is available in the Eagles Nest in the Student Center. Lunch is also served in the Student dinning hall on first floor of the Convocation Center. Advance tickets will be sold in the lobby Science Day.